Available at: http://aquaticcommons.org
About Aquatic Commons
- The Aquatic Commons is a thematic digital repository covering the natural marine, estuarine /brackish and fresh water environments. It includes all aspects of the science, technology, management and conservation of these environments, their organisms and resources, and the economic, sociological and legal aspects.
- The repository contains a growing collection of published and unpublished research, organizational publications, and other scholarly materials contributed by researchers, librarians, and their institutions.
- It is directed by the International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers to provide visibility, usage and impact through global access to digital publications from worldwide marine and freshwater organizations that do not have access to an institutional repository of their own.
- The initial implementation of Aquatic Commons was completed under contract by the Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA). FCLA hosted, developed and managed the Eprints software from 2007 to November 2010.
- In December 2010, within the framework of the long-standing collaboration between IAMSLIC and the International Oceanographic Commission, the IODE Project Office in Oostende (Belgium) agreed to host Aquatic Commons as part of its efforts to promote free and open access to marine scientific information, which also includes its own OceanDocs repository. IODE began hosting Aquatic Commons and providing technical support with the implementation of Eprints version 3.2.4, the free software developed by the University of Southampton (UK).
- Any correspondence concerning the content of this repository should be sent to AquaticCommons@gmail.com. Technical questions should be directed to Aditya Kakodkar at a.naik-kakodkar(at)unesco.org
- To learn more about Aquatic Commons, please see the page Aquatic Commons Board, Working Groups and Background Documents and the list of publications and presentations.
- Aquatic Commons quickstart guide 2011
- Aquatic Commons policies 2012
- Aquatic Commons FAQ 2011
- Aquatic Commons brochure, English version 2011
- Aquatic Commons brochure, French version 2011
- Aquatic Commons brochure, Spanish version 2011
- Aquatic Commons search guide 2016
- ASFA to AC Conversion Installation Manual 2016
- Batch loading records into Aquatic Commons 2008
- Creating Aquatic Commons records on a flash drive 2011
- Creating searchable pdfs from Microsoft applications under revision
- Digitization of documents for deposit into repositories 2016
- Series and Serial Titles: Guidelines for Entry 2011
- Permission to digitise and/or deposit electronic files to AC – by an Author
- Permission to digitise and/or deposit electronic files to AC – by an Agent
- Permission to digitise and/or deposit electronic files to AC – for theses and dissertations
- Agencies that have signed an AC contributor agreement
Repository Growth and Usage Statistics