Chair: Sally Taylor (2018-2020)
Stephen Alayon, Senior President Elect (2018-2019)
Angela Clark-Hughes, Member-at-Large (2017-2019)
Ingrid Čatić, Member-at-Large (2017-2019)
Jaime Goldman, Junior President Elect (2018-2019)
Maria Kalensits, ASFA/FAO Liaison (2019- )
Arno Lambert, IODE Technical Representative (2019 -)
Amanda Whitmire, Member-at-Large (2018-2020)
Term: Term for members is 2 years, except for the IAMSLIC President, Junior President Elect, ASFA Representative and IODE Representative as these are not two year terms attached to a person but are filled by the individual’s position.
Voting: Each person in the above listing has 1 vote except for the IAMSLIC President and the IODE representative.
Charge: The responsibility of the Board (ACB) is to guide the development and management of the Aquatic Commons digital repository for IAMSLIC. Specific tasks include:
- Conducting an evaluation of the Aquatic Commons to ensure future sustainability.
- Advising on technical requirements and identifying priorities for customization and development.
- Promoting the Aquatic Commons to IAMSLIC members and providing training to encourage content recruitment and use of the repository.
- Partnering with ASFA, FAO and ProQuest to increase content and access to publications in the repository.
- Exploring ways to optimize the combined resources of IAMSLIC and IODE to create a more widely recognized repository.
- Investigating the creation of a “Friends of the Aquatic Commons” to build financial and in-kind support for the repository.
Although members of the Board are appointed by the IAMSLIC Executive Board, any task forces or working groups may be independently constituted by the Aquatic Commons Board.
Editorial Review Board
Alan Allwardt, North America
Jean Collins, Africa
Lisa Raymond, Advisory role
Pauline Simpson, Europe & Central & South America
Daryl Superio, Asia
Aquatic Commons Evaluation team
Sally Taylor (Chair)
Aquatic Commons Joint Proposal, Fall 2005 (MS-Word doc) and (PDF)
Aquatic Commons Taskforce Report, Fall 2006 (PDF)
Aquatic Commons Evaluation, Fall 2019 – Background Information and Business Models Comparison