Chair: Sally Taylor (2016-2018)
Stephen Alayon, Junior President Elect (2017-2018)
Dave Baca, President (2018-2019)
Angela Clark-Hughes, Member-at-Large (2017-2019)
Ingrid Čatić, Member-at-Large (2017-2019)
Maria Kalensits, ASFA/FAO Liaison
Aditya Naik Kakodkar, IODE Technical Representative (2015-2017)
Maureen Nolan, Member-at-Large (2017-2019)
Amanda Whitmire, Member-at-Large (2016-2018)
Vacant, IODE Representative (second person)
Term: Term for members is 2 years, except for the IAMSLIC President, Junior President Elect, ASFA Representative and IODE Representatives as these are not two year terms attached to a person but are filled by the individual’s position.
Voting: Each person in the above listing has 1 vote except for the IAMSLIC President and the two IODE representatives.
Charge: The responsibility of the Board (ACB) is to guide the development of the Aquatic Commons digital repository for IAMSLIC. Specific tasks include:
- Advising on technical requirements and identifying priorities for customization and development.
- Promoting the Aquatic Commons to IAMSLIC members and providing training to encourage content recruitment and use of the repository.
- Partnering with ASFA, FAO and ProQuest to increase content and access to publications in the repository.
- Exploring ways to optimize the combined resources of IAMSLIC and IODE to create a more widely recognized repository
- Investigating the creation of a “Friends of the Aquatic Commons” to build financial and in-kind support for the repository.
Although members of the Board are appointed by the IAMSLIC Executive Board, any task forces or working groups may be independently constituted by the Aquatic Commons Board.
Editorial Review Board 2017-2019
Alan Allwardt, North America
Jean Collins, Africa
Lisa Raymond, advisory role
Pauline Simpson, Europe & Central & South America
Daryl Superio, Asia