IAMSLIC grants for travel support and project-related funding are now administered primarily by the Regional Groups. However, the IAMSLIC Executive Board will still issue a call for grant proposals once per year. Grant proposals will be accepted from members not affiliated with a regional group (project proposals or travel support requests), and from members seeking support from the Guin Fund to attend the annual IAMSLIC conference.
The purpose of IAMSLIC is to provide an association for individuals and organizations with an interest in library and information science, especially as it applies to the recording, retrieval and dissemination of knowledge and information in all aspects of aquatic and marine science and their allied disciplines. The Association is supportive of efforts to enhance the ability of developing countries to create, access, and share information. As funds are available, IAMSLIC will support projects related to its purpose. Projects should address a clear need related to the above mission statement and should involve partnerships at various levels.
Grant Proposal Guidelines
Project Proposals must include (IAMSLIC_Project_Grant_Application_Form):
- Project Title
- Project Director
- Email address
- Names and affiliations of partners or other investigators
- Project description
- Methods for evaluating project success
- Detailed budget
- Timeline for the project
- Total project cost
- Total amount requested
- Expand sections as needed, limiting proposal to two pages. Brief supporting documentation may be included.
Conference Travel Support Proposals must include (IAMSLIC_Conference_Travel_Grant_Application_Form):
- Requestor name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Anticipated travel expenses
- Amount requested
- Justification (e.g. presenting a paper or poster)
- Expected outcome
- Your proposal must be received via email by the IAMSLIC President by MAY 5, 2017.
- You will be notified promptly that your request has been received.
- Projects: If funding is given, you will be responsible for providing a written, final report (including a project summary and evaluation) to the Executive Board and for presenting the project at the next Annual Conference.
- Conference Travel Support: If funding is received, you will be responsible for presenting your paper or poster at the IAMSLIC conference and submitting your paper to the IAMSLIC Proceedings Editor by the deadline.
For further information, please contact:
California State University, Monterey Bay
April 10: The President will issue a call for proposals to all IAMSLIC members. The announcement will specify the amount of funding available to members not associated with a regional group and the amount available from Guin Funds for travel to the IAMSLIC annual conference.
May 5: Completed grant proposals will be submitted to the IAMSLIC President who will review the grant proposals in conjunction with President-Elect (Conference Convener) and junior President-Elect, and will select individuals for funding. Recipients will be notified by the President as soon as possible.
October: Project grant recipients will present a project summary or progress report at the Annual Conference. This report may be done in person or submitted to the Secretary to be read at one of the general business meetings.