CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU.
The theme for our 2012 conference is “Exploring New Frontiers in Aquatic Sciences Information Management“.
We would like to invite you to submit proposals for papers or posters on topics relating to this broad theme.
Please send your abstracts by March 30, 2012.
- Patron-driven acquisitions
- Electronic books
- Mobile devices and social networking
- Digitization projects & copyright
- Beyond the institutional repository – innovative uses or creation of tools. What comes next?
- Citation management tools
- Cited searching (the new Google Scholar Citations tool)
- Data services/Data librarianship
- Discovery Services
- Research commons
- Collaborative projects with scientists – either using librarian skills in scientific research (this might include data management) or creating science from library materials
- Proving the value of the Library or changing the role of the Library to stay viable
The language of all IAMSLIC Conferences is English. Therefore your abstracts, papers, and posters must be in English.
In response to requests for Poster Guidelines, please see our guidelines & links to help you create your poster:
We look forward to receiving your proposals and hope that you will be able to join us in Anchorage, Alaska, USA, in August 2012.
- An English abstract is required for consideration by the committee.
- Oral presentations are allotted 30 minutes, not including questions.
- Submissions may be for papers, posters, workshops or panel sessions.
- Conference registration is required in order to present an accepted paper or poster.
- All submissions will be reviewed for relevance to the conference theme, potential interest of the topic for members, and appropriateness of format.
- Abstracts must be received by March 30, 2012 to receive priority consideration with the committee’s responses following in approximately 30 days.
- The submission deadline for poster proposals is April 30, 2012.
Proposals for papers, posters, workshops and panel discussions must include:
Title of Presentation:
Type of presentation:
- Panel discussion
Indicate AV/Computer equipment needed:
- Computer Graphic Display (i.e. PowerPoint presentation)
- Overhead projector (for transparencies)
- Other (specify):
Please email this information to Maria Kalentsits, Chair/Convenor IAMSLIC 2012 at: email@example.com